Like fashion, decoration varies with seasons. For every season, there are specific colors and designs. And even though switching decorations each season comes with a hefty price tag, it is a no-brainer that it is important. Redecorating your home for the seasons offers you the chance to connect with each time of the year and occasionally bring a fresh look to your rooms. This can be very exciting.
However, one of the most challenging issues most homeowners are faced with is how to redecorate their homes for the seasons? Like we earlier mentioned, each season has its uniqueness regarding décor. And to get the best out of seasonal decorations, you need to understand this uniqueness. Without much ado, here are some tips on how to redecorate your home each season.
Spring affords you the chance to give your home a clean start after months of cold weather. The following are some of the redecoration tips for spring:
- Hire a cleaning professional or clean your house by yourself
- Brighten up your home with “spring colors.” These colors may include pastel yellow, pink, purple, and blue.
- To complement these colors, it is important that you utilize bright, airy curtains and furniture.
- Add fresh, colorful flowers to every room.
- You can also add bunnies to get the best out of the flowers.
- Make use of fresh and floral scents such as essential oils throughout your home.
Summer offers you the opportunity to spend quality time with your family. Even though you may want to spend most of the summer visiting beaches or picnics with your family, it is essential that you bring the excitement of the season into your home. Below are some décor ideas for summer:
- Add colorful flowers into strategic places in your rooms.
- Instead of the traditional stuffy formal interiors, opt for casual fabrics and slipcovers.
- Go for light and airy colors such as sky blue, exotic orange, tropical pink and neon yellow.
- Replace heavy curtains with white wooden blinds.
- Add indoor accessories such as arts, mirrors and wall clock to give your living room an exquisite look. You should also consider sea shells.
- Use light-colored lines in different areas of your home.
- To give your living room a cozy cool look, drape a colorful linen sheet on your favorite chair.
- Consider using flowers, plants, bamboo, and jute area rugs.
Fall or autumn kick starts the beginning of a long, colorful, festive period. It is that part of the year when your decorative ideas are best incorporated into your home. Here are few ideas for redecorating your home for fall:
- Decorate your home with pumpkins, gourds, lanterns, fall leaves, and pinecones. Try placing these materials artfully down your front doors or blend them together across your mantle. The idea is to portray what fall is all about perfectly.
- Replace lightweight summer fabrics with heavier drapery and curtains.
- Consider nature themes with fall colors such as oranges and golden yellows.
- Get an air-dry clay and paint to craft a rustic tray quickly. This tray will be ideal for corralling candles and fall accents.
- Introduce fall aromas into your home through pumpkin pies, cinnamon apple cider and burning of your fireplace.
- Brighten your home with vases filled with fall flowers e.g. sunflowers and alstroemeria.
- Re-stain cabinets to have an updated look to your kitchen for the holidays.
IN A NUTSHELL
Redecorating your home for the seasons comes with lots of challenges. Aside from the huge expenses, you can also easily commit errors that may spoil your decoration. However, by following the tips discussed above, you will be helping yourself get started in the right direction. Enjoy the season